Choose High-grade quality Quartz Silica Sand for specific technical projects from water filtration to construction applications
We are capable of delivering any amount of white silica sand (99.60% silica) FOB Georgetown Guyana. Our sand is harvested under environmentally safe conditions. and delivered to your ships as fast as possible to avoid long mooring time. For more information and a free quotation just contact John Arthur on 592-623-7212 or Ian Wright on 310-499-0550 or use WhatsApp. Our sand is what you need. Make contact now.
About Silica Sand
Silica sand, also known as quartz sand, or industrial sand, is made up of two main elements: silica and oxygen. Specifically, silica sand is made up of silicon dioxide (Si02).
The most common uses for silica sand are, artificial turf, golf courses and virtually all types of sports fields, industrial abrasives, filtration media, glassmaking, paints and coatings, ceramics, and for construction purposes as construction materials and industrial uses.
- Water Filtration – Silica sand is an effective filtration bed that consistently removes contaminants from water.
- Industrial Abrasives – Silica sand is commonly used as an abrasive to provide a clean and measured surface finish to accept a large variety of finishes that perform as maintenance, lubrication, life-extending protection and aesthetics.
- Artificial Turf, Golf Courses & Sports Field – Silica sand is used for bunkers, tee boxes and greens on golf courses, as well as for natural and synthetic sports fields.
- Glassmaking – Silica sand is a major ingredient in the production of glass making. The purity of the silica sand used plays a role in determining the color, strength and clarity of the final product.
- Paints & Coatings – Silica sand is used in paints and coatings to improve the overall look and durability of the paint. The purity of the silica sand used plays a role in determining the color, strength and clarity of the final product.
- Ceramics & Refractories – Silica is an important component in the construction and glazing of al l types of ceramics including tableware, floor tiles, wall tiles and more.
- Construction Materials – Silica sand (often called industrial sand when used for this purpose) is the main structural component in several construction products.
- 150 thousand tonnes monthly average.
- Natural Sand (bulk delivery).
- Filtered, screened, washed and dried sand.
Certificate of Chemical Composition
Chemical Lab August,2021 (Guyana Geology and Mines Commission)
|SiO2 (%)||Fe (%)||Si (%)|